At Fishpeople, we’re passionate about creating innovative, high-quality, and wildly delicious seafood products that are environmentally and socially conscious. We are a B-Corp, supporting coastal communities and forging direct relationships with the fishermen and farmers who supply our ingredients. We believe in traceability and transparency, and we only harvest sustainable species. All of our decisions are intentional because we believe you can taste the commitment and integrity in every bite.
We are looking for teammates to play a key role in helping us deliver on our mission of making great seafood simple through a relentless commitment to our fishermen, the oceans, transparency and taste, pioneering industry change for generations to come. You’ll join a dynamic, growing and collaborative team working towards shared goals. As a member of our team, you’ll help make a substantial contribution to Fishpeople’s success during a critical growth period.
People We're Looking For
If you are excited by the opportunity to build your own function, continuously improve what we do and contribute to a rapidly growing organization, we want to hear from you! We reward thinking outside the box and finding ways around obstacles. If you’re hoping to grow your career and contribute to a mission you believe in, you just might be a Fishperson. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Eastern Region Sales Manager
See locations below
Easy Apply on LinkedIn: Eastern Region Sales Manager at Fishpeople Seafood
Fishpeople is seeking for a “game changing” Eastern Region Sales Manager (RSM) who is as passionate about our mission as we are. The successful candidate will be responsible to grow market share for our shelf-stable gourmet seafood soups, our award-winning frozen seafood meals kits, newly released salmon jerky, and our exciting pipeline of innovations. The RSM will establish new relationships with national, regional and specialty retail accounts, as well as expanding our penetration with current Retailers. The ideal candidate will be a have demonstrated success in growing share with CPG brands within Natural/ Specialty, Conventional retail, and C-Stores, as well as an exceptional track record of new business development. If you are a tenacious and focused Sales professional with the passion to build a young company, this will be the perfect opportunity for you!
What you’ll be doing:
* Lead the Company’s key East Coast retail channels in the successfully meeting planned sales goals
* Grow our conventional and specialty retail accounts, bringing in new relationships and expanding existing accounts.
* Develop business building presentations and timely reviews of our retail customers
* Utilize your CPG industry network to identify emerging market trends, bringing a competitive advantage to Fishpeople
* Create and implement account strategies and tactical plans within approved spending rates
* Build/ sustain strong ongoing partnership with Supply Chain/ Operations team to ensure that supply is available to support Retailer demand
* Exhibit exceptional, professional verbal/ written communication skills.
* Successfully steward relationships across multiple retailer departments.
* Ensure forecast accuracy, by delivering a quality product, in the proper quantity at the agreed upon time and price.
* Support build of Annual Operating Plan with key functional counter-parts, in order layout a roadmap for future growth opportunities.
* Meet all requested administrative deadlines (e.g., S & OP, R & O), on time, and with actionable information
* Support strong culture within the team, embracing the company’s mission and values
What you bring to the table:
* Possess a strong belief in the mission of Fishpeople, and demonstrate the ability to articulate our value proposition as a key differentiator vs. commodity offerings.
* 5-7 years in sales positions of increasing responsibility within grocery or perishable natural CPG categories.
* Proteins industry CPG experience a plus
* Demonstrated ability to excel in an early stage, high growth organization
* Experience developing new processes required to scale new brands/ categories/ customers
* Ability to make market-informed recommendations towards successfully building a brand, demonstrating “agility” to iterate our strategies as required.
* Exceptional negotiation skills with ability to leverage quantitative/ qualitative consumer insights to drive results.
* Ability to work individually and collaboratively to meet individual and company goals.
* “Roll-up your sleeves” mentality with the ability to handle the ambiguity and pace required of an early stage company in a high growth mode.
* Highly effective presentation skills; persuasiveness and sales ability.
* Solid technical skills, including Microsoft Office, Nielsen/ IRI/ SPINS Consumer Insights and Category Management principles
* Comfort in developing your own reports, forecasts, presentations and data with limited support systems.
* 4-year college degree or equivalent, preferably in Business
Locations: Northeast city (Boston, NY/ NJ, Philadelphia, DC, etc) with close access to major airport. You can anticipate traveling approximately 30-50% and will be working from a home office.