8 medium sized cakes
- 3/4 cup Fishpeople Dungeness crab meat
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup sautéed onion
- 2 tablespoon minced red bell pepper
- 1 green onion
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons mayo
- ¾ cup panko bread crumbs (If you want an outside coating. 1/4 cup if not) Substitution: gluten free bread crumb or chopped coarse bread crumb
- 2 1/2 cups of Brussel Sprouts (approz 10) shredded in a food processor or madolin (use a cut glove!)
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Dice onion and sauté in a pan with a tablespoon of olive oil on medium heat, until transparent.
- Cut red peppers into ¼ squares and then slice green onion lengthwise down the middle and cut into small rounds.
- Combine crab, egg, mayo, Worcestershire and lemon juice, and blend gently with a fork, or whisk, until even.
- Add the onions and the rest of your ingredients and blend (include ¼ cup of panko; reserve remainder for coating, if desired).
- Form into cakes about 3” in diameter.
- If crispy coating is desired, place 1/2 cup of your panko on a plate and pat it into the cakes on both sides.
- Preheat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a 12” pan over medium high heat.
- Add crab cakes and cook approx. 5 minutes per side or until golden brown.
Makes 8 medium sized cakes. Prep/Cook time: 20 to 25 minutes