3 tablespoons pomegranate juice (Buy POM brand or crush your own fresh from the fruit)
3 tablespoons pomegranate seeds (Uncrushed)
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon honey
½ teaspoon salt
1/8th teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/8 cup olive oil
2 1/2 cups of Brussel Sprouts (approz 10) shredded in a food processor or madolin (use a cut glove!)
3 cups of Kale, cut into 1” X 1/4 “ inch strips
2 cups of spinach, cut into 1” X 1/4 “ inch strips
½ cup sweet red pepper, cut into thin slices
2 tablespoons quartered almonds or whole pumpkin seeds
Remaining pomegranate seeds or 1/2 cup
4 6 oz Fishpeople Seafood Wild Keta or Sockeye Salmon portions
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1 tablespoon of butter
Finely minced garlic
Salt and freshly ground pepper
Zest of one lemon
1. Place pomegranate juice and seeds, vinegar, honey, salt and pepper in a small mixing bowl. While whisking, drizzle in the oil in a steady stream until blended.
2. Heat pan on medium heat for 2 minutes with olive oil and butter. Add garlic and cook until lightly brown.
3. Place fish flesh side down in pan for 4 to 5 minutes. Flip to skin side and cook til medium rare or easily flaked with a fork, another 4 to 5 minutes depending on thickness.
4. Toss your greens lightly with the vinaigrette, setting aside half of the dressing for your guests to use if they wish. Portion dressed greens evenly into four individual salad bowls.
5. Scatter the pomegranate seeds and slivered almonds on top.
6. Rest the salmon portion in the middle of the greens and sprinkle with lemon zest…serve the vinaigrette on the side.
Serving suggestions: Lovely with warmed Ciabatta rolls, a light Oregon Pinot (either Gris or Noir), or Kolsch style beer.