10 5 oz Wild Salmon Fillets
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup smoked sea salt
1/4 cup kosher salt
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 tsp soy sauce
1/4 cup brown sugar
Zest of 1 orange
1/4 tsp cloves
1. Remove skin from salmon fillets. Slice salmon into 1/4"-1/2" wide slices.
2. In a large bowl, combine the sugar, sea salt, and kosher salt. Add the salmon strips and toss until they're completely coated with the curing mixture. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 12 hours.
3. Transfer salmon slices to a large colander and rinse off curing mixture. Arrange salmon slices on paper towels several sheets thick and pat dry with additional paper towels. Let sit for a half hour.
3. Preheat oven to 170 degrees. Line two baking sheets with foil. Set cooling racks on foil and spray racks with nonstick cooking spray.
4. In a small bowl, whisk together brown sugar, maple syrup, soy sauce, orange zest, and cloves.
5. Arrange salmon slices on cooling racks evenly spaced. Brush side facing up with brown sugar mixture.
6. Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour. Flip salmon slices and baste with brown sugar mixture. Repeat 5 more times (total of 6 hours cooking) or until salmon is just barely still soft.