- 7.5 oz can of Fishpeople Albacore tuna (Though you can add more...We love two cans to really make it rich in protein.)
- 6-8 oz of fussili, rotini or penne pasta
- 3/4 cup chopped mushrooms (Shitake are yummy)
- 1 cup chopped white sweet onions
- 1 cup medley of sliced frozen or fresh veggies (corn, carrots and peas
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 3/4 cup sharp cheddar
- 1 teaspoon veggie bouillion
- Topping: Reserve ½ of your cheese to sprinkle on top with ½ cup of crispy onions (Or you can substitute bread crumbs or panko)
- RECIPE HACK: If you’d rather not make a cream sauce from scratch, you can add one 8 oz can of mushroom soup instead!)
- Put water on to boil and pre-heat oven while you prepare your cream sauce base.
- Place butter and olive oil in a medium skillet on medium heat.
- Sprinkle flour into butter/oil mixture when hot, stirring constantly.
- After a paste forms add the milk slowly stirring briskly.
- When sauce-like add ½ the grated cheese and bouillon and blend.
- Place pasta in water and cook until a firm al dente. (as it will cook more in the oven)
- In a medium size, oven ready bowl, mix the sauce, balance of ingredients and pasta. (It’s fun to put these in smaller single or double serve bowls as well.)
- Cover with topping.
- Place in pre-heated oven at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until golden brown on top.