IngredientsMac N' Cheese
- 1 cup Fishpeople Dungeness crab
- 8 oz of Shell pasta (substitution: elbows or rigatoni)
- ½ cup Sauteed Sweet Onions (Approx half an onion)
- 1 ¼ cups of milk
- 1 1/2 cup medium grated Sharp Tillamook Cheddar Cheese
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons flour
- 2 Pinches of salt
- Optional: ½ cup baby carrots sliced in half lengthwise
- Optional: 1/2 cup broccoli florets broken into small pieces
- 3 slices or ¾ cup of bread (cut into small cubes or put into food processor.)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/8 teaspoon dry thyme
- 2 tablespoons fine grated parmesan
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Start a quart of water boiling in a saucepan with a lid. Drop in your pasta when a rolling boil and cook for approx. 10 minutes or until al dente.
- While your pasta is cooking, dice onions. Melt 1 tablespoon of butter over medium low heat and cook onions until slightly browned.
- In a saucepan heat 2 tablespoons of butter until melted. Then slowly add flour and salt whisking the two together until they combine into a sauce.
- Immediately add milk while continuing to stir, then add cheese to this mixture and blend.
- Drain pasta and place in a large mixing bowl. Add onions and uncooked carrots and broccoli to the pasta and stir.
- Then add cheese sauce and crab and gently blend. (Careful not to break up your crab too much)
- Place in individual serving bowls or ramekins or one large 10” casserole bowl. (Place on a cookie sheet)
- Make Crispy Topping: Place butter and thyme in a medium hot pan and toast bread for 5 minutes turning it constantly.
- Sprinkle the breadcrumbs on top of your Mac N Cheese and then sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Cook at 350 for approx. 18 minutes or until browned.
NOTE: We love to play with different toppings...some options include: Potato chips, Panko, or our favorite: French’s Crispy Fried Onions.