2-3 hearty sandwiches
- One 7.5 oz. can of Fishpeople Albacore Tuna. (Include the juices!)
- 3 tablespoons mayo
- 1/2 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- Two flat parsley stalks minced
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup apples diced to 1/2 inch
- 1 chopped green onion or 2 tablespoons of sweet white onion
- 1 celery stalk sliced into thin rounds
- 1 tablespoon capers OR 3 TBSP minced dill pickles
- 1/4 tablespoon cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- In a medium size bowl blend all the ingredients together.
- Toast some sourdough or whole wheat bread... or if you’d like an open face sandwich, try nice thin slices from a crusty baguette ala crostini.
- Add a thin slice of sharp cheddar or a schmeer of cream cheese if you feel like it!
- A little mayo and Dijon mustard on each face of your toast, then spoon the tuna salad on and top with tomato slices and greens.